Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Update no 1

First may I say to my followers on this site,as well as all forumites and visitors world wide the very best for the New Year, after a year that has been very rough on all of us!  At any time you would like to comment or ask a question which I shall try to answer to the best of my ability use the comment below each post.

I see many news services are calling this the best year since 2003 as shares have risen more, in a year, than the last five years.This is not strictly accurate as the shares  plunged up to mid-2009 by between forty to sixty percent ,within a period of eight months and I am talking about large cap shares that are not supposed to do that kind of thing!
Platinum has generally made a good recovery.
Jubilee  is in talks which make this an exciting share,worth watching as they are exploring platinum,nickel and copper at the moment.
Remember also for more tips http://www.sashares2010.blogspot.com/ then go to My profile to have access to all my other blogs. See the latest on Metorex,Implats,Amplats and DRD.
  News Item 5/1/10
Last year(2009) there was a positive investment of  79 billion Rand into the JSE from overseas investors,The previous year (2008) there was a loss ,so things are turning around nicely! 

   The Chinese and Japanese are buying into all the new medium and smaller cap exploration and operating companies on the African continent they can find. I have mixed feelings about especially the Chinese mainlanders as when things dont go their way they call in their government.A country where face saving enjoys a higher priority than a countries laws which everybody else must follow does not sit well with me.On occasion they bring in thousands of workers as happened in the Free State to their own exclusive villages where they do not mingle with locals has me wondering.The Western world should take note as many of the worlds strategic minerals occur in the Southern African region .If they cannot explore or open mines now they should approach their governments for Strategic assistance

No comments:

Post a Comment